Thursday, June 26, 2014

Then and Now : Thundercats


The original Thundercats, from 1985, are awesome. It's hard to stand up to a show that had such talented artists creating it, that they went on to work for Studio Ghibli. It also carries a nostalgia that makes fans defend it with vigor. I mean, who didn't get a rush of excitement every time they heard that opening theme start.


But lets not count out the 2011 remake. There are a lot of people out there saying how crappy it is. I think that's mostly because they don't want something from their childhood to be tarnished. I personally loved it. The new sleek character designs are as fitting to the children of this era, as the original character designs were for the children of the 80's.


I still enjoy watching the 1985 series on DVD. But I think it's an atrocity that the 2011 series only lasted one season. I wish they would ignore all the haters out there, and bring it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment