Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Terror Tuesday : Tales from the Crypt - Creep Course

When I first watched this episode of Tales from the Crypt in 1993 it scared me so bad. Before you start making fun of me, keep in mind I was barely 12 years old. The idea that you could be mummified alive was a completely new type of nightmare for me. Especially when a, come back to life, mummy is the one doing it. This episode also stands out to me after all these years because it was the fist time I saw Anthony Michael Hall all buffed out. Previously I had only know him from Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, and Weird Science. All of which he plays a scrawny nerd type character.


Episode summary:
Stella Bishop (Nina Siemaszko) is a full blown geek taking a course on Egyptian mythology led by the pompous Professor Finley (Jeffrey Jones), who also happens to be a collector of Egyptian antiquity and one undead, horny mummy (Ivan E. Roth)! Little does Stella know that she's intended to be the target (sacrifice) for his undead living collectible and is soon wooed by the charismatic Reggie(Anthony Michael Hall), who has his own sinister plans. If Reggie fails one more exam he cannot play on the football team. He has no hope in learning so he and Stella go to the professor's house to make a copy of the exam. At the professor's home they learn firsthand about making mummies. In the end, who will be the one to survive this Creep Course?

Here is the full episode. Watch and join my nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment